Saturday 2 February 2013

Zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the zoo... That's not even how it goes.


So, it's early February in south-east England and bloody freezing. Naturally, the best plan I can think of for my weekend is to go to the zoo for snapsies of ANIMALS! MAAAA! I mean, it's cheaper at this time, and less busy... Could there be a more perfect time to go!?

Apparently yes.

You see, a lot of the animals take a kind of "sod that" attitude and burrow themselves in bed in this weather which, when you go to the zoo, is just a little bit disappointing.

BUT! <--- A big but.

Anything involving animals is pretty exciting, right!?

Firstly, meet Alan.



Throughout the morning, each time I walked past Alan the alpaca, he hadn't moved from this position and hadn't finished the rather odd task of chewing the inside of his mouth away.Then nearing lunch time...


It clearly got too much for Alan. Poor Alan. Yes, we're on first name terms.

Next, I met Melvin. Agreeably not the most beautiful of creatures but greatly appreciated for amusement purposes.


As you may have noticed, Melvin has a disconcerting habit of staring into the depths of your soul with those penetrating googly eyes of his but his toilet-brush hair style and constant crumb decorations make him quite a fashion icon within the zoo.

And next came Twig (his name isn't my creation this time, the keeper told me). Twig is a rather bold and selfish "I'm alright Jack" little fellow as he managed to make the shared heater into his private sun lounger.


He is clearly a genius.

The next animals are those I intend to own at one point in my life, even if only briefly, as pets. I will make it my goal to understand what they are saying and become a female Dr.Dolittle.

For the cuteness.

You should seriously see how this guy walks- he doesn't. Every movement is pogo stick inspired.

(He was behind the glass so the quality is pretty bad here) Everything this guy does is 0.0005x. Seriously. It's adorable but I don't know how he'd do in an emergency- "THERE'S A FIRE!" "Well......let......me......just.....put......this......foot......in......front......of.......the......other.....and.....then...."

 Most definitely my favourite! XD


Totally reminds me of the bird Fiona blows up with her singing in Shrek. :'D

These things I would not touch with a barge pole :


His grin says so many things- all sinister death threats of course.




He was a large pebble in a previous life.

And last BUT MOST DEFINITELY NOT LEAST, I was reunited with Hiccup!

February 2011-


February 2013-




Yup. I'm done.

Until next time!

E x

5 comments:

  1. AWH! THE ANIMALS! MAHH! :O :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! Hannah always steals the first place! :/ .. But we can always pretend, right? ;)

    Woah! There are so many animals here that I have never seen actually and neither do I know their names! :') But Melvin looks just like me, I mean with the toilet brush hair and everything.. Well, the toilet brush hair style is now a past. Thanks to this wonderful angel I met, she got me the best hairstyle ever! :D <3

    Own a zebra, wow!? :O I can clearly see your love for animals! Definitely looking forward to visit your own little zoo, Dr. Dolittle! ;)

    Don't you think Miss. cuteness looks sad though .. ? I think Alan isn't giving her his best attentions lately, busy with his own chewing record! :')

    If you give me only one, I'd choose the very first picture in this post! Tells me so many things about you! With the camera in your hands, and the pose.. Feels like you are trying to capture the whole world in these sweet moments! Well, who knows, maybe you did! Nothing is impossible you know. :)

    Keep posting coz' I love reading them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never competed with Melvin. Please. :P

    Yeah man, Alan's a heartbreaker. Such a catch. :'D

    Agreeably, nothing is impossible- except that.

    THANK YOU, YOU WONDERFUL BEING. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh c'mon! I am so much like Melvin!

    You hinting something? :'D :P

    You getting bored of being correct always so this time chose an obvious something to prove that you can be wrong too? :P

    You are welcome Miss. Amazing! ;)

    ReplyDelete